Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More Random Thoughts!


Every now and again, my brain cannot seem to hold all of the thoughts that are bouncing around in there! It seems that no sooner does one idea pop in than another is pushing it out! There just does not seem to be enough space! I thought today's post would be of some of these random thoughts..maybe you can ponder on them for me.

First..why oh, why can an artist never paint a rainbow? The vividness of the colors..the beauty of the spectrum would be a dream come true for anyone that could truly capture it on canvas. Try as I might, any attempt to paint such idyllic wonder would never compare to the real deal. I guess only the Master Artist can paint with light in the sky..it just makes the rest of us dream..imagine..keep trying.

Another ponderable, wasp's nests! These papery thin constructions are almost indestructible by weather! There has been a vacant nest in the palmetto bush for almost a year now and it is still in perfect condition. You would think by this time something so thin and fragile would have completely disintegrated! Another thought..how do the wasps create something so perfectly symmetrical? They do not go to engineering school to learn this. Ponder the thought..what if someone studied the methods of the paper wasp and could create a home or building that withstood the elements as well as these hives. Amazing!

Thought..how can the most fickle creature ever to live steal your heart? Take Ms. Put, for example, she is the most standoffish animal to ever walk the face of the Earth (or at least, the Hill on the Bayou) but can lower the blood pressure just by doing something adorable! She is demanding, contrary, intimidating and at times totally frustrating..I sure would not change a thing about her!

Does one little bright spot in a cold, grey winter day really make you feel warmer? Do the colors of red and yellow make the brain send warmth signals to the rest of the body? These two little leaves..one red, one yellow.. brightened up my day today. I spied them on a six inch tall sapling near the mulch pile as I was gathering kindling for the fire. The colors reminded me of flames.

Stare at this picture for a minute..or a few seconds..have you ever seen so many swirls in one piece of driftwood? Wouldn't you have loved to see the tree? I have been staring at this thing trying to figure out just what direction the limbs must have grown. What is the top..bottom?? What caused this tree to be so twisted? Perhaps a hurricane? Where does driftwood actually originate? How far does it travel?

Is it my imagination at work again or is there a perfectly formed "8" in the eye of this old oyster shell? Is this some strange omen? Or mere coincidence? If I was the superstitious sort, I am quite sure that I could read some sort of eerie meaning into the finding of said shell. Should I?? Or should I just let it go that this oyster was at one time a budding mathematician? Hmmm????

Speaking of eerie..the letter "e" jumped out at me today! Literally..jumped out at me! I was out gathering the kindling that I spoke of earlier and a vine flipped off the arbor for no apparent reason other than to make me ponder! The letter "e"! Now was this some divine sign? Hehe..the vine..divine..ok, ok....anyway..I suppose I could read something in the letter "e" dropping in on me like that but I think I am pondering way to much!!!

Last but not least..what is it??? I love this picture! Again, if too much emphasis is placed on the unearthlyness of the photograph, all sorts of things come to mind! Was there some ethereal meaning behind this or is merely a fluke? Is this something alien or some computer-generated image? To be honest..it is the moon. I was out taking shots of the moon the other night and Ezzy, the dog, bumped my leg at the perfect time to totally either mess up or create the best photograph! I have to admit..I do sort of like it! Perhaps I should be pondering why sometimes mistakes in photography are great shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment