Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Great Minds Think Alike...hehe..Somewhat!

Halloween is drawing nigh and the decorations are still being put in place! I can only play when the chores are finished so that does not leave a lot of time.  If I had my way...I would be in the craft room constantly!  The grass would never be cut, I would have a garden of weeds and the cobwebs would take over the house!  But!  Those cobwebs would look right nice in the Little Bayou House during the Halloween Season!  Back a  number of weeks ago, Robbie and Elizabeth came to visit.  She and I went shopping for decorations and "possible" decorations (things that with a few tweeks, could be rendered into something delightfully frightful!)  We bought an overabundance of feathered crows, lots of Spanish moss and two wreaths among carts of other goodies!  The wreaths were exactly alike.  Both were black, glittered (fake) twigs with purple lights.  The wreaths looked pretty just as they were but we both knew that neither would stay that way long!  Something would be done to "doctor" them up until they were a tad unrecognizable!  Sadly, she took her wreath (and other goodies) and went back home to Columbus, Mississippi.



I started work on my wreath right away.  First I added some bright, glittery purple ribbon!  (That in itself is a funny story as Ms. Ez decided to plop herself on the floor right where I was working.  After just a few minutes, my ordinarily creamy-colored dog was coated with purple glitter!  Nice!)  Next, I added some beads..purple, of course!  After the beads, a few more black twigs, some crows, a pumpkin, a few fall leaves, a couple of feathers and a "Boo" banner topped off my wreath.  I was pleased with my efforts and immediately hung my wreath!  It was then that Michael told me that it was still the second week of September!  Oh....well, that just made me sad!  But..the wreath stayed put!  I liked it!



Last night, Elizabeth sent me a photograph of her wreath!  It is gorgeous!  She used purple and black, glittery ribbon, purple beads and a crow!  Ummmm...I began to realize that she and I think a lot alike!  Whereas my wreath is a bit of overkill with clutter, hers has a cleaner look.  The single crow became a focal point on her wreath. Instead of doing as I did by wrapping my wreath with beads, she took the strings of beads apart and used them separately.  She glued the sparkly beads to the twigs giving them an extra bit of glitz.  Some she left in long strands and some were individual beads.  I would have never thought to use the beads like this but it is absolutely ingenious!   The extra glitz really makes the wreath a showstopper!



All in all, I think we did well with our wreaths.  I am impressed with both of our efforts and am equally impressed that we think so much alike!  I am also glad that my wreath has been displayed for about a month now...hey, I might as well enjoy it...right?  Ummmm..right?


No comments:

Post a Comment