Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Winter vs. Spring


Most of the country is in the middle of an epic winter storm..it is COLD out there, folks! Even as far south as my little Bayou House! Here today, our temps stayed in the thirties and we had what was called "wintry mix". Mostly just rain and sleet, but with a stiff north wind! Not a fun day to be out and about! So I stayed inside! I spent the day tackling the clutter in the sewing room..a room that although it is called that, has not seen a whole lot of sewing happening since my daughter moved. Still, the name lingers and also the leftover fabric and sewing machines. I am hoping to clear out any needless junk and reclaim the space as a craft room! Sounds impressive!

Anyway in view of the seemingly never-ending Winter, I have decided that we all need a good dose of Spring!! These are photos that were taken earlier (some might be repeats of earlier posts) but all seemed to shout warmth so they were chosen!

Water Lily in the backyard pond.

Glorioso Lily..just the colors seem warm!

Blackberries! Summertime..Summertime!!!

Any Daisy screams "SPRING!"

Gladiola..can't you just imagine it swaying in a warm Gulf breeze?

Mimosa..always a summer favorite!

Don't Hibiscus blooms just always make you think "Hawaii"?

Woods violets..early spring bloomers!

Strawberries..YUM!!!

Daylily..an all time favorite that blooms all summer!

Irises and Amaryllis..something about the little bug on the Iris makes me think Spring!


Butterfly and Purple Phlox..my warm weather friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment