Thursday, March 3, 2011

Brutal Attacks, Strange Beings(?) and (Almost) Rose Carpets!

First..a brutal attack! This evening, I was brutally attacked and injured by a spaghetti noodle! Yes, you read that right! A spaghetti noodle! An Angel-hair Spaghetti Noodle to be exact! Son was frying spaghetti (recipe follows) when suddenly a tiny piece exploded. It flipped out of the skillet and made a beeline for my eye. Now, for any who do not know..flaming hot spaghetti noodles in the eye are not fun. Actually, it was quite the painful experience! I probably "ouched" enough to make it sound horrible causing Son to apologize profusely. I must admit that even though it still burns a bit, I will most likely survive. Oh and by the way..there is no recipe..I was just teasing! He just plops cooked spaghetti noodles in a skillet with a wad of butter and lets them fry until they are splattering all over my kitchen. He calls it delicious..I call it messy!

This brings us to the "Strange Beings". The above tragic spaghetti incident has nothing remotely to do with these Beings and for that matter these "Beings" are not "Beings" at all except that they have existence. I was out today and found some strange things in the grass near the rose bushes. I recognized them immediately but thought "My goodness..these look just like something from a sci-fi movie..maybe something like 'Tremors'!" The brain went wild! (Remember on several occasions, I have warned you about my imagination!) Could I possibly create my own horror film using these as the basis??!! They could be monsters that are terrorizing the world! Ok..ok..enough of that! In reality, these "Strange Beings" are nothing more than the "blossoms" from the Pine trees in the yard. The Pines are in bloom! A lot of people will soon be whining about their allergies and the Pine pollen but hmmm..this pollen is the least likely to be causing their sniffles and sneezes. There are some cultures that actually use the pollen for the health benefits it provides. Might be something to look into..cooking with Pine pollen!

After my discovery of the Pine blossom "monsters", I made another discovery. While maybe not exactly "earth-shaking", I thought it was rather pretty in a messy sort of way. Then again, I see beauty in a lot of things that others view as just a nuisance. An "almost" rose carpet! Usually, we see rose petals being strewn along the bridal aisle at weddings but my petals were just littering the ground under the bush. These were the fallen Camellia blooms so it is not really a rose carpet at all. Still, quite pretty at the moment..not so pretty in a few days when they get all brown and squishy! I think I will enjoy them while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment