Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Beginnings


March 1st..a day that brought a new beginning into the family. A tiny baby boy was born to my niece..welcome to the world, Jadiel. I hope your life is filled with all the wonderful things that you deserve..and I pray that you receive nothing but kindness, love and happiness for all the days of your life! This little bundle of joy just did allow me to finish his crocheted afghan! I have been working on it here and there as I found time over the past month. I thought since his arrival was not due until mid-March, I would surely have plenty of time! Oh...never go by due dates...babies have a way of coming when they want and not when they are expected! This little fellow decided not to wait another minute! He weighed in at five pounds and thirteen ounces and was only eighteen inches long. Just a little peanut! I did finish his baby blanket in time though and have it all neatly wrapped and ready.


Another new beginning was discovered in the garden this morning. If you remember I had talked about taking cuttings of the Confederate Rose to root for new plants. I was excited to see some tiny new leaves popping out on the cut branches and when I checked the cut ends..sure enough there were roots! It appears that most of the cuttings are rooting although several were quite fully rooted and needing to be set into the ground. It looks like I will be digging holes tomorrow! Baby plants need to be tucked into a bed of nice warm soil to be able to grow!


Also..in the hotbed, the tomatoes are all showing their little green leaves! I am excited but then almost a tad bit trepidatious! I knew that I had planted a lot of seeds but last year hardly any of the seeds sprouted. Well, this year it seems that every seed that hit the ground is on its way to becoming a healthy tomato plant! So....I guess instead of thirty plants, this year I might be planting closer to two hundred plants! Perhaps someone in the neighborhood could use a few plants..I hope........


One other bit of news of life beginnings..the bluebirds were checking out the neighborhood for nesting sites today. A pair stopped by the vacant home that hangs in the Black Gum Tree by my front door. It seems awfully early in the year for them to be home shopping but who am I to question their business??? My son just recently cleaned out the old nest and examined the durability of the house. He assured me that it should be good for at least one more nesting, but just to make mom feel better, he pounded in a few more nails! Now at least I know the old nursery rhyme about the cradle tumbling out of the tree won't happen with my bluebirds!


No comments:

Post a Comment