Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lonely Hearts' Club


I think I have a member of the Lonely Hearts' Club at the House on the Bayou. My son and daughter-in-law left today to head back to their home. Their animal friends were packed in the car and hauled away. This left me with one sad puppy. PJ (their dog) and Ezzy (mine) absolutely adore each other. The whole week, they played together, shared bowls and even shared their crate. PJ uses a crate at home so we brought in Ezzy's and put PJ's nice cushy bed in it. PJ wanted to sleep in the crate and Ezzy wanted to sleep on the soft bed..so they shared. I was really proud of the way they accepted each other.


But all things must come to an end. PJ went home. Ezzy is now depressed. I need a Puppy Psychologist! Ms Ez did not see when they loaded PJ in the back of the car, I had intentionally left her inside the house. Perhaps I should not have..she might have accepted his disappearance easier. After they drove away, I let her out of the house. She immediately ran to where the car was..her nose to the ground. She was hunting for her friend. Ezzy was confused..where was PJ??? A few moments later, she sat..staring down the lane. She could not understand why her friend was not there to play tug-o-war or play chase. She sat there for quite a while..just staring. Maybe she if she waited, they would return. After a bit, she tired and dropped to the ground. She waited.


Tonight, Ms Ez is still confused. She is not her usual happy self..she won't eat..she won't even play her favorite game of fetch. She stares out the screen door..she misses her friend. I hope that after sleeping tonight, she will be back to her old self. Maybe the squirrels will be active tomorrow and she will keep busy enough not to miss PJ too much. I do not like depressed dogs! Cats are easier..we have not introduced Ms Put and Kiki since we feared for Kiki's wellbeing. Ms Put is not likely to take kindly to a new cat..she never does. We kept them separated the entire visit. Consequently Ms Put is her normal standoffish self..she is not missing a friend. Whew! I would not be able to deal with two depressed animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment