Monday, July 16, 2012

The writings...errr..pictures on the wall!


Have you ever noticed how if you stare at something long enough, you can began to see all sorts of things in a picture?  Or in my case, I stared at a blank wall and saw all sorts of things!  The other day, it was raining like nobody's business so the house was rather dark inside if we had the lights off.  Son had been down in the kitchen with me but meandered upstairs for a bit.  When he was at the top of the stairs, he quietly remarked that there was a "face",  "There is a face?" I questioned.  All I got as an answer was a "Yup"..no explanation.  Well, curiosity got the best of me so I grabbed the camera to investigate this face he saw.  The walls at the top of the stairs are painted an ecru color..sort of drab white with no pattern nor texture. There on that off-white wall WAS a face!  In fact there were several faces!  I took several pictures even though I was not sure if the faces would show up on camera or not.  After taking a number of shots from different angles, he and I tried to figure out just what was creating the illusion. No lights were on upstairs..the only light was ambient light from the next room's windows.  Those windows were a good twenty feet away AND the window blinds were all the way closed.  Being as there were no "stripes" on the wall, we decided that the light was not a filtered effect from the window (blinds).  Try as we might, we could not find anything that might be reflecting a weird pattern on the wall.  The light from the window most likely would not be bright enough to be reflective anyway.

Image captured on a dreary, rainy day with no added lighting other than  what was coming through closed window blinds from the next room.  It is on a plain off-white wall.


When I transferred the photographs to the computer, I was amazed at how well the shadowy figures were picked up by the camera.  My first "face" was that of what I imagined to be a little girl.  She appears to be in bed and perhaps holding a blanket or toy up near her face.  In my wild imagination, I feel that the little girl with the long curls is having a bad dream.  She is frightened.  Or perhaps at some point she witnessed something evil and was having nightmares because of the sight.  Poor baby girl.

Circled is what I see as a face of a little girl.  In my imagination, she is in bed  and is holding a toy or blanket near her face.  She has long curly hair and a sweet face!



 The second figure above her is a man.  This guy looks a bit angry to me.  Perhaps this is villain in the little girl's dream?  With his long hair and mustache, I feel that he is from a time many years ago.  His eyes appear "shifty" as if he is guilty of something.  Yes, it is a stretch but hey..this is my imagination!

In this small circle is what I see as a man's face.  He does not appear to be too  happy making him be cast as the villain in the little girl's nightmare!



 Behind the little girl is a shadowy figure of a woman.  This lady looks kind.  Perhaps she is the little girl's mother who is there to calm the fears of a nightmare about someone evil that scares the little girl.  The lady is wearing a long dress..again suggesting that the story took place many, many years ago.  I wonder...

Unless you can enlarge the picture, it will be hard to see this one.  The outline shows the figure of a woman.  Perhaps this is the child's mother who has come to comfort her after a vivid nightmare!



Ok, ok...so I know that I am going a little strong here!  I have warned you before that I have an overactive imagination!  But enlarge those pictures and stare at them a while...you might just start to see faces, too!  If you do...dream a bit!  Imagine and create your own story behind the faces!  I see the faces..I am just a bit confused at how the image was formed!


2 comments:

  1. Very cool pic and great job on story line. I can definitely see the faces / figures. A couple things I see are a lion in which the dress makes up the mane, the little girl's top eye is the lion's eye and it has its' mouth open. If you tilt your head 45 deg to the right the long dark figure along the top looks like a tall alien or pharoh holding a coffee cup. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Daniel! It is amazing to me how different people can see different things in the same picture! I did not see any of the things that you saw!

    ReplyDelete