Saturday, August 11, 2012

Fuzzy Slippers or Four Dust Mops!

I admit that I am used to Ms. Ez thundering around the house like a bull in a china shop!  Her romping is not unlike that of a hundred elephants tap dancing on the hardwood floors.  Sunny, on the other hand, can slip around virtually unheard.  She sneaks!  As a wee pup, she sort of bounced around not caring if the world heard.   Now, the pitter-patter of those tiny feet has turned into much softer footsteps.  I thought this was strange given the size of her feet now but decided that it was all because of her nearing adulthood and being a calmer dog.  Not so...

Sunny enjoying her freedom in the Rose Garden!


Sunny has been crated a good bit since having her surgery and now that she is healed, she takes full advantage of her outdoor time.  It is almost nonstop running in the Rose Garden once she blasts from the door.  I have not tried to contain her enthusiasm and just let her enjoy her freedom.  Today, when we were out, she romped happily for a good half hour before finally flopping down near my chair.  It was then that I fully noticed her feet.  This is one fluffy dog that has four fluffy feet!  My goodness!  I have never seen so much fur on a dog's paw before in my life!

Sunny's fluffy, furry paw!


Wham!  The secret was out!  This is how the pup can sneak around the house so quietly!  She is wearing fluffy slippers!  I recall when younger, Darling Daughter had a pair of pink fuzzy slippers.  Elizabeth loved them as she could sneak up on her bothers without their hearing her footsteps!  She would fluff around in those slippers like she was Queen of the World!  Now..Sunny is doing the same! Being as this is Elizabeth and Robbie's dog, I think the behavior is quite fitting! They will have to deal with her sneaking around their house!  She can surprise them like Elizabeth would her brothers!  Turn around is fair play, right?   When I mentioned it to Elizabeth, she giggled and said she was just going to let Sunny dust mop her floors! Seriously...I think that might just work!  Four little dust mops cleaning the floor!  Why did I not think of this before??  I could have let her do all my cleaning for me!  Those fluffy, furry feet could have replaced the dust mop and broom!  Too late, now.  Sunny will be heading to her forever home in a few weeks and I will be stuck with dusty floors.  Leave it to Elizabeth to figure out a way to clean her house and enjoy the pup at the same time!  Fuzzy slippers...Furry dog paws...Dust mops...all the same!


3 comments:

  1. Just put a little Olde English on those paws and PRESTO! Clean, shiny floors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no, no!!! Find something non-toxic and then polish away! (I know you were just teasing!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what I use to sweep and clean my hardwood, granted I only have the kitchen and front entry so I might also want the shark if I had more.


    dust mop

    ReplyDelete