Thursday, October 18, 2012

Closeups!

Yesterday evening, Ms. Ez and I were on the pier watching the clouds.  Since our favorite bench was washed to parts unknown by Hurricane Isaac, we had actually laid down on the planking of the pier.  I have never known a dog to like cloud watching as much as Ez but she is content to stare at the sky for hours.  While we were there, the large airplanes of the Hurricane Hunters were doing their maneuvers.  Round and round they went...sometimes far, far out over the Gulf of Mexico..sometimes over land..but each time returning by a different direction.  This is one of the advantages of living directly across the Bay from Keelser Air Base! The Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunters keep in constant practice..perfecting their skills. The planes often fly over the pier and the Little Bayou House!



As we were lounging on the pier watching the plane, I began to think just how incredibly talented these pilots are!  They can whip that plane through all sorts of problems with no apparent trouble.  Think about it!  These men and women pilot that plane through hurricanes and blizzards while most pilots will abort a flight due to bad weather!  These folks are just that good!   While I was thinking about their abilities, the plane seemed to be getting closer and closer to us.  Ummmm....Ez?  She looked at me with the same funny look!  I stared at the plane...yep..getting closer with each loop!



At one point the plane passed directly above us and was so close that my camera would not even pick up the entire plane.  I could read all of the writing on the plane even with my poor eyesight! Ms. Ez leaped up and started bouncing about the pier!  I think she thought that she could catch that big, noisy bird!  It makes me happy to know that we have such dedicated men and women watching the weather for us!  I feel safer!  And, if I get my own private airshow performance each evening, all the better!  The Hurricane Hunters are the best!



Our cloud watching came to a sudden halt when those very clouds decided to dump a bit of moisture down on our heads!  Ms. Ez and I headed to the Little Bayou House where we enjoyed an evening of heavy rain, a bit of thunder and a cup of mint tea!  (Well...Ez enjoyed a couple of treats and the luxury of snoozing on my feet!)


No comments:

Post a Comment