Saturday, October 27, 2012

Party! Party!

There is a party going on in the Haunted Mansion!  No..no..no...no the Little Bayou House!  In the Haunted Mansion!  Part of my Halloween decorations is a haunted house candle holder from Yankee Candle Company.  This is meant to hold little votive candles but since I am never in the room long enough to warrant lighting the candles, I wired it to be lit by a small nightlight bulb.  It works fine and gives me the peace of mind that lit candles do not.  Usually I make a few little cotton ghosts to parade around in the house and add a tiny Jack-o-lantern or two.  However, this year I had a brilliant idea!  With a little help from Michael, the Haunted Mansion became the sight of a masquerade party!



Elizabeth and Robbie always send me the cutest Halloween cards.  I always save them from year to year since I use them as part of my decorations.  One year they sent me a "pop-up" card depicting aHalloween party..a "Monster Mash" type party.  Dracula, Frankenstein, his bride, a skeleton and a host of others were all dancing the night away at their party.  The brilliant idea?..I added this card to the Haunted Mansion! I slipped the card into the house via the "back door" better known as the "opening to light the candles"! At first, I could not get the card to stay open so the characters would "pop-up".  Michael came to my rescue with two paperclips.  He somehow squished his hand through the front door of the house and secured the back of the card to the back wall of the house.  Ahhh...now my friendly party-goers could be happy!



Not many folks even notice that the Haunted Mansion is filled with such activity.  The whole thing is set low on a table so that only little tykes can see inside.  I am sure that they appreciate the masquerade party scene that is happening inside the house!  I can fully appreciate it as well!  I won't have to clean up after this party is over!!!  Party on monsters....party on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment