Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Progressive Decorating!

   Back in September, I decorated an odd, little niche in our bathroom.  Since it was fall, the theme had to fit.  So...a split gourd, some dried flowers (plus a couple of silk ones) and a lantern filled the space perfectly.  Then came along October with Halloween and November with Thanksgiving.  Everything stayed the same except I added a couple of tiny pumpkins.  I was beginning to like this idea of progressive decorating!  Now, Christmas has sneaked in and caught my pumpkins by surprise!  It was time to change.


  It took a grand total of about two minutes to transition into a different holiday!  Out came the fall leaves and orange flowers.  Away went the pumpkins!  Those would never do for Christmas!  A nice bow in red and black plaid topped the lantern, pinecones replaced the pumpkins and a wooden cardinal came to visit.  Greenery was poked into the gourd and a crocheted doily made by my grandmother provided the perfect base.  It is nothing fancy but neither am I nor is the Little Bayou House. I am sure others would have much better ideas of how to deal with this weird spot but this suits me fine.  Progressive home decorating is the way to go!  


No comments:

Post a Comment