Wednesday, April 3, 2024

All Is Not Well!

   Son and I have been clearing a spot back behind the greenhouse and shed for yet another greenhouse.  This one, my sweet sister-in-law gave to me.  It is one of those sort of popup things that have the green plastic top but I am excited because I plan on putting it over some raised gardens.  Fresh veggies in the middle of winter sound delightful.  Son decided that clearing the spot was the perfect chore for this week so we have been busy for the past four days.  Now, he will have to complete the task by himself.  I am sort of incapacitated.

  My chore this morning was to pick up the roots that he was digging from the ground and toss them on a pile near the marsh edge.  There, he could move the whole bunch without too much trouble.  Well, on one of the trips down the hill in the wooded area, I found a pier board.  This is not unusual as Hurricane Zeta plopped them everywhere.  The bad part is, the board was covered with about six inches of leaves and, well, I found it the hard way.  The board had nails.  My soft sneaker was no challenge for those nails and my foot now bears the results of that savage attack.  I stepped right on one of the nails and impaled the right foot.  Ouch! 

  I feel bad that Son will have to complete this project but the foot is not being too happy, at the moment.  Hopefully, this will be a short and sweet recovery and I will be back in the gardens again soon.  If it isn't one thing, it is another.  Goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment