Monday, April 1, 2024

Five Dollar Rebate

   I have this grand distaste for women's jeans as workpants.  They just don't work.  The fabric is flimsy and the jeans are far too expensive to be worn in my rough and tumble world.  Working here is not for the weak whether it be in human strength or in manmade items.  The weak simply do not survive.  That said, it is easy to see why my choice in work clothes usually starts with the thick, heavy duty (and relatively inexpensive) men's work jeans.  Those can take a lot of wear and tear without giving in to the rigorous tests that I throw at them.  Two pairs have lasted me for an entire year of almost daily wear (one pair on while one is in the wash).  Today, while Mark was running errands, he remembered that I mentioned needing a couple of new pairs so he brought home three!  I am set for another year of hardcore chores now.  Goodness!  I love that thick denim material as it reminds me of clothing worn back on the farm.

  As soon as I pulled the jeans from the bags, I tossed them into the washing machine to rid them of some of the dyes.  Once the pants were washed and dried, I decided to try on a pair.  Imagine my surprise when I shoved my hand in the front pocket of one pair and found a folded up $5 bill!  Whoa!  That is a weird way to give a rebate but, hey, I will take whatever I can get.  Yes, I did check the other pockets but, alas, no more bills could be found.  Still, a five dollar discount is always a nice surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment