Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Seeking Serenity

   Sometimes, you just have to slow down and take things as they come.  You can literally work yourself into a frenzy attempting to accomplish all that the brain tells you to do.  When that happens, it is time to step back, think if all of the hustle and bustle is worth the end result and then make a decision that deems itself worthy.  Mine, today, was to sit back and enjoy the jasmine and roses which are in full bloom just outside the front door.  I dragged the wicker chair from another part of the yard, poured myself a second mug of coffee and breathed deeply.  The coolness of the morning, the scent of jasmine and roses and total relaxation was good for the soul...not to mention the mind.


  Lately, I have been feeling that I have been slacking.  It seems that I am far behind where I should be by this season.  Perhaps that comes with not seeing a garden flourishing but it was my decision to not overplant the spot.  Five tomato plants and five pepper plants are all that were planted this season other than herbs.  It was my plan to dote on those herbs and replenish my waning stockpile.  Sure, I could just head to the store and buy the outrageously expensive stuff but, with all the recalls, as of late, I am hesitant to do that.  So, herbs it is!  Those shall be dried and stored for future use.  

  In the meantime, however, I shall continue to putter around in the garden spots if for no other reason than to enjoy the blooms and glorious aromas.  Gardens...they are good for you...sometimes simply by being. Bask in the serenity that only nature can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment