Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year's Eve!


Yes, it is the last day of 2010..the year is old and tired. 2011 will be here in a few hours bringing hope for peace and prosperity, something we all desire. Each year we start fresh..full of anxious dreams that this will be THE year..the year for peace in the World..the year free of hunger and pain..the year of happy times. We all must be eternal optimists to think that the new year will be better than the old. This is good. This is how it should be. Trying to improve ourselves.. looking forward to better, more prosperous times..just looking forward. It is time to close out any debilitating thoughts and press ourselves to be what we want to be. Time to dare to live out the dreams that we thought were impossible. This is the year, as all new years are, to make our lives be as exciting and exhilarating as we can possibly envision. It is time to rejuvenate our spirit.

I am ready! I am ready to jump into the new year with as much gusto as I can muster! Just not tonight! Tonight, there is little partying on the Bayou. The weather is not participating in the merriment of the season. Instead of entertaining this evening, we are hunkered down in the house weathering out a bit of a storm. There are tornado watches, high winds and heavy rains. At times, the wind gusts rattle the windows and bang the screen door. It is a wild night on the Bayou! It is predicted to get worse as the night goes on and continue well into tomorrow. What a way to start the New Year! Not that I mind the storm, it is actually my favorite weather. It makes me appreciate my little house even with all of the creaks and groans that the wind is producing. All are safe and sound here. Ms. Put, the cat, is sound asleep on the stairs and Ezzy, the dog, is at my feet. I think she has decided that is the safest place to be and I actually find comfort in her presence.

My wish for this year? I wish that each of you finds your dreams. I wish that each of you finds something to smile about each day. I wish that each of you has peace within your own heart. I wish that God will bless each of you in a myriad of ways in the coming year. Peace be with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment