Son had pulled the nearly six foot long log from the marsh and laid it on the pier to dry out a bit before hauling it up the hill. He usually gives in to my whims and struggles until whatever idea I have is a reality. I eyed the log. It was beautiful! My happy find was in position to dry in the sun for a few days before its installation. The sun beamed down on it causing the tree's sap to bubble out in tiny droplets. They glistened in the bright sunlight like diamonds! Oooh..I hope they stay just the way they are! This "tree" would have bling like no other! The appearance of tiny rhinestones glued in the groves of the wood!
This resin or pine sap is pretty amazing goo. Eventually..maybe a few eons from now..this resin will harden and become amber but in the meantime (since I do not have eons to wait) the sap can be used in home remedies! I have not personally used any but hear tell that it can cure a broad range of maladies from sore throats to rheumatism! Some even proclaim it to be a treatment for cancer. While none of these uses have been confirmed by modern science, that does not mean that there is no basis to these claims. It would be interesting to find the answers! To think..I might just have a leaky log or I could have a treasure trove of medicinal gems just waiting to be plucked off and used! I am rather fond of the log but if all else fails..I could always take an axe to it. It could then be used as starter for the wood stoves this winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment