Thursday, October 6, 2011

Busy, busy day!


Most of my day was spent as a "gofer"! Hubby and Son worked diligently on the hallway. It was a day of installing the new walls! This time we chose tongue and groove cedar boards instead of the drywall. They measured, cut and glued/nailed the boards up..I ran for this and that. Where is my measuring tape? I ran. Where is the chisel? I ran. Have you seen my knife? I ran. Do you have a pencil? I....well, you get the idea. I was a gofer! Go for this..go for that! I do not mind as I would much rather run around hunting for things than measure, cut and install walls. I did that a few years ago and found it not to be to my liking so I will pass on this if I can!


I must admit though, the walls are looking nice! There was a bit of frustration installing the first few boards as minor things kept hindering the process, but once they got in the swing of installation, all went smoothly. I really like the idea of putting wood on the walls as it means no more painting! I am gradually getting the entire inside of the house to be like this! Perhaps as soon as we finish the inside walls, something can be done to the outside so as to not require the tiring job of painting that, also. Hmmm...our house is looking more and more like a little cabin! Actually, one of my nieces told me the house is starting to look like a little wooden box! This to me is a vast improvement over a previous comparison. One of Darling Daughter's friends told me that the Little Bayou House reminder her of a shoe! A shoe? I am not quite certain just what she meant but hey, if she thinks it is a shoe..so be it! I love it! It "fits" me just fine!


I did acquire something that is "good as gold"! My cousin, Rebecca, brought over a dozen of the most beautiful eggs from her chickens! These things are huge! They are the lovely brown eggs and are so fresh! She and I are trying to work out some sort of bartering system where she brings stuff like eggs from her house to trade for items at mine. Today we traded eggs for a jar of the salsa and a jar of blackberry/lime jelly that I made this summer. Next trade, she can choose something else from the shelves if she likes. This seems like the ideal deal to me..we both get something we like! Me?.....I plan on having eggs, toast and grits for breakfast tomorrow! Thank you, Rebecca!

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention the hot peppers you graciously threw into the trade for the eggs. You really should put a warning label on those things! I cut up one of the orange ones (habanero?) for a meal I made, thinking to myself: how hot can they be? Well...hot enough to make me cry and gasp for breath! Not for the faint of heart!! The worst part is that my mother tried to warn me while I was cooking that they were very hot, and of course I informed her that they couldn't possibly be too hot for me...I don't know which stung worse, the peppers or the multitude of 'I Told You So's =) Thanks again!

    Orrin (Rebecca's son)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh..those are really hot! I am sorry, Orrin! I have gotten so used to using them that I forget to warn others to only use a tiny bit! (Also, welcome to the blog! I am honored to have you as a reader!)

    ReplyDelete