The leaf skeletons dried quite well and they are now glued in place. It was an ordeal getting them to lay flat but Son suggested that a piece of tin foil and several books would smash them into place. What a brilliant son I have! My niece, Heidi, came to visit so I conned her into helping me with the skeletons. We glued, foiled and placed books until my hall began to resemble a very untidy library! Heidi wondered if we would absorb the knowledge contained in the books by stepping on them! Literary stepping stones!
Several hours later, the moment truth was at hand. Would the tin foil stick to the leaf skeletons or would it peel off like Son thought it would? I removed the first book, gingerly lifted off the foil...it worked! Again..what a brilliant son I have!!!! I started pulling books and foil off in rapid succession. I could hardly wait to put the first of many coats of polyurethane on the floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment