I spent hours today just watching the paint dry! No..I spent hours today waiting for paint to dry but I did not just sit around the house and be lazy! I went to the pier to be lazy! Nothing like a good excuse to escape the confines of the house! Early this morning, I painted the ceiling of the hallway. It looked grand except the old white ceiling paint showed through is some places. Since it would need a second coat, I got the harebrained idea to put the first coat of paint on the floor. I would make good use of my time while the painted ceiling dried! Now that was using my head! So I painted! With the first coat on the floor finished, I realized that I had painted myself not only out of the bathroom..but out of the entire rest of the house! The only room that I could enter was the livingroom. Now that was NOT using my head! It would not have been so bad had I remembered to unlock the back door. It also would not have been nearly so bad had I not been so hungry! I was locked out of the kitchen! Egads! This would never do! I would slowly starve to death as I waited for the paint to dry! That is when I realized that I had two options..I could sit and agonize over the hunger pangs that were ripping through my stomach..(ok..so it growled a little) or I could find something a lot more fun to do. When I look for fun, it usually involves the water, so I headed to the Bay!
Ezzy waiting to go fishing!
I am happy to say that I did not starve and I had quite the enjoyable time on the pier! Mutt Ezzy and I made the best of our time. We had a wonderful time playing fetch..I would fetch minnows for her and she would eat them. This went on for about twenty minnows (menhaden) until I decided that she had enough. Many more would have made for a very ill puppy tonight and that was not a desirable situation! While catching the menhaden, I noticed that quite a few shrimp were in the net with each throw. All three freezers are filled to capacity but I just could not resist the free food! Shrimp are always good so I started tossing them in the bucket. Ezzy had her fill of minnows and I caught a nice mess of shrimp for supper! It seems that shrimp season is here so I will have to just make more time to spend on the end of the pier! I guess that means that the paint jobs will have plenty of drying time!
A nice size shrimp!
Supper!
No comments:
Post a Comment