Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Bears


I decorated a lot with antique toys this year for Christmas.  It is understandable that toys bring up visions of happy children on Christmas morn and, well, I suppose the antique part is my way of keeping memories.  At the moment there are no little ones in the house.   All of my children have grown up and have lives of their own but that does not keep me from pulling all sorts of fanciful things out at this time of year.  It is all about the memories.  Memories from my childhood and memories made with my children.  Christmastime is also about making new memories with new little ones.  I received a box in the mail today that will be come a favorite memory of Christmases to come.  In this box was a small pail.  Inside the pail..bears!  A sweet, little lad handmade the bears under the supervision of his talented mommy!  I have never met this little boy and have only met his mommy one time years ago but that does not stop us from making memories for the future.  He and I have exchanged gifts each year since he was born.  Lately these gifts have become handmade ornaments.  Each year, I pull out the ornaments that he sends and hang them on the tree.  I smile with each one simply because of the fact that a bond can be made between two people that have never seen each other.  Memories..those held by an old lady on a bayou of a sweet lad and those of a small boy being taught to give by his mother.  I pulled the bears from the pail and hung them on the Christmas Tree.  Yep, these will become favorite ornaments for years to come..Colton and Mommy Toni have brought smiles of Christmastime to the Bayou!



The time has come for Old Santa to make his rounds and leave goodies for children everywhere.  The time has also come for all smart folks to be in bed and sound asleep and yet, here I sit!  "Merry Christmas to all and to all, a goodnight!"


No comments:

Post a Comment