Monday, December 10, 2012

Filling the Little Bayou House with Music!

The country artist, Alan Jackson, sings a Christmas song called "Let it be Christmas" which is one of my current favorites.  My son put a good bit of my Christmas music on my computer so now I have eleven straight hours of music playing.  It makes me happy to have the house filled with the sounds of Christmas!  In Mr. Jackson's song, he sings...

"Let it be Christmas everywhere.
Let heavenly music fill the air
Let every heart sing, let every bell ring
The story of hope and joy and peace!"

I am trying to do just what his songs says..."Let heavenly music fill the air!".  My Christmas music fills the house and my heart with hope, joy and peace.



Today as I was dusting, I came across a small booklet.  The booklet took me back to a time eons ago..back when I was a child.  Mom used to play both the piano and organ beautifully and she tried to teach each of her five kids this art.  Sadly, none of us play.  We just do not have the talent that she did.  I can remember back in the day listening to her play carol after carol on the old upright piano that sat in our living room.  We would all sing along with her and have the best time imaginable.   The little booklet was one of the "beginner" tutorial book that we were supposed to learn.  It was just one of many.  Along with this little booklet, I found all of the paper carol books that we used when caroling.  This brought up a query.  Why do folks not go caroling any longer?  Is this some tradition that has fallen to the wayside because folks are just too busy nowadays?  I can remember that it mattered not if we were just at my grandparents' home, we would have a sing-along of all the familiar carols..most of which we knew by heart.  It, also, mattered not that we sang off-key..we just sang from the heart..a joyous heart.  I miss those days. "Let heavenly music fill the air.  Let every heart sing, let every bell ring..the story of hope and joy and peace!"  Sing on, Alan Jackson, sing on..your music fills my home and lets it be Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment