Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The "Perfect" Date!

The weather for the past few days has been what most folks would call ideal.  The temperatures were mild, if not cool and the sun was beaming happily.  A slight northerly breeze set this off quite nicely.  Since it was so ideal, Mark and I spent a lot of our time fishing.  To us, this is the perfect "date".  We head to the pier, catch a few baits and sit a spell. Even if we do not catch a thing, we are happy campers!  However!  With all of this idealness came fish!  Yep, we caught enough speckled trout, redfish and croakers to have several meals ourselves and share a few.  To my way of thinking, this constitutes for the best date ever!  I guess I really am a country girl or, maybe, "Bayou Lady"!


While on the pier soaking in all this perfectness, I kept my camera handy.  You never know what might wander into view.  We watched "Old Gus", the pelican, dive for mullet and watched as a whole flock of Common Loons flew into the Bay.  They immediately joined up with the lone one that spent the summer with us and the early-bird loon that came last week.  With the loons migrating here already, I am pondering that Farmer's Almanac warning that we shall have an early and cold winter this year.  


Late afternoon saw us back on the pier.  This day would end as gorgeously as it began.  Cool, clear and crisp are the words that come to mind!  Fall has settled in on the Bayou. Now, if we can keep any late season hurricanes away, my perfect day can spread out into many!  Then..I shall welcome winter wholeheartedly!  

No comments:

Post a Comment