Thursday, October 10, 2013

Two Sisters..

I do a lot of things.  Not that I can claim fame for any of them but at least I attempt anything that interests me.  Pop always used to say that I was a "Jack of all trades..but a master of none!" Well, that pretty much describes me to a T!  I piddle in a whole slew of things but have never found that one thing that would make me millions of dollars!  With all of this learning of new crafts, I have this personal need to share what little knowledge I gain.  If someone wishes me to teach a craft, I will jump at the chance.  My sweet sister-in-law wished to learn to crochet.  Actually, it was more of a refresher course.  Her grandmother had taught her years ago but since Cynthia had not kept up with the needlework, it had slipped her mind.  So a few weeks back, I taught her some simple stitches and how to begin a project.  Now she is a crocheting machine!  She has made a precious little afghan for her grandson and several hats!  Today, she came to visit and brought her bag of yarn.  While we sat and visited, I taught her a few more stitches.  She worked on another hat and before she left, that hat was complete.  I am proud of her progress!  She is doing well and fully enjoying the art of crocheting.



While she crocheted, we talked and laughed a lot.  Her visit proved to be one of relaxing productivity. This made me realize just how needed it is to have some hobby.  There is just something about creating with your hands..whether it be a work of art or a beautifully played piece of music..that revives the spirit and calms the soul.  The revelation, also, made me realize that, even though it would be nice to be paid for my crafts, the peaceful time spent with sisters is much more valuable.

That said, I will continue with my multi-crafting and perhaps add a bit more teaching to my skills.  It was highly satisfying to see Cynthia so happy with her creations.  There will be some lucky people on the receiving end of her work come this Christmas but none so blessed as I am with my sisters!


No comments:

Post a Comment