Saturday, November 16, 2013

Foggy Morn

The fog came.  All I can say is that it must be winter here on the Bayou.  This endless cycle of fog, cold, rain, and warm seems to be the norm at this time of year.  It does make for some interesting mornings when you cannot see your hand in front of your face. This morning, it was not quite that bad but still it was thick enough to cause everything to be dripping with moisture.  There was no sun to greet me as I waited on the pier.  I had headed out this morning at my usual time but with the thick fog, it was black.  No light ever brightened the eastern sky, it merely went from black to grey.  I could barely make out the silhouette of the gazebo across the Bayou.  Not much else could be easily distinguished.


So, with all this drear, I decided to meander about the hillside just peering at things that were hung with water droplets.   Most folks have tired of the usual "spiderweb covered with droplets" pictures but for the life of me, I could not find anything the least bit more interesting.  It is extremely hard to not photograph these things when you are hoping for that one fantastic picture!  The webs were there, my camera was in hand so I photographed.


Probably more interesting and more useful were the droplets on the Fennel.  Although we had a wee bit of rain yesterday, the ground was still dry.  My plants were dying with the lack of water.  This morning, the Fennel actually looked quite healthy with its coating of moisture!  If not enough to thoroughly soak the ground at least the plant itself was able to absorb some life-giving moisture.


That same watery goodness was enough to cause me chills.  I headed back inside only to be confronted by Ms. Ez, the dog, who obviously had better sense than I did.  She had stayed in her nice, comfy bed while I was traipsing about doing nothing but getting wet!

2 comments:

  1. The fog was eerie to see it dwell for days. Even during the day it was just above us waiting to drift back down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, it was indeed eerie but I love every minute of a foggy day! There is just something almost mysterious about a layer of mist engulfing the Bayou!

      Delete