Sunday, December 1, 2013

Snowball Effect!

When I awoke this morning, I was a bit hesitant to head to the pier.  A thick blanket of fog had settled in over the Bayou and I could hear the moisture dripping from the eaves of the Little Bayou House.  It was one of those mornings that I was tempted to think like the old dog and just stay in bed or at least sit by the woodstove with a nice mug of coffee.  I stared out over the water through the window.  Just as I was turning to go to the kitchen, the sun begged me to do otherwise.  Old Mr. Sun was trying his best to poke through that thick fog and light the way to the pier.  Well now, I just had to grab the camera and a jacket.  I could not disappoint Mr. Sun, could I?


On foggy mornings, everything is muffled.  I was hard pressed to even hear the mockingbird sing.  Every critter must have had the same idea..yep, better get yourself back in bed!  I would be fine or at least I told myself that as I stepped on the first pier board.  It is not that bad!  By this time, Mr. Sun had disappeared once again.  The fog had billowed upward from the slick calm water and hid the sun from my view.   I waited.  The mist would settle once again.  Sure enough, after about ten minutes, I began to see the outline of the sun.  It was a most weird vision to see the sun's brilliance blocked by the fog.  Instead of having the usual blinding glow, the sun seemed to be something more akin to a giant snowball!  I had never experienced this before!  I watched and photographed.


After a bit, the Mr. Sun showed his strength and burned through the fog.  The Bayou was bright and the birds started their music.  All was right with the world!  The sun had regained its proper place and pushed the fog far from the Bayou.  My huge snowball had left the sky and was replaced by a fiery ball!  I love how each day brings something new!


No comments:

Post a Comment