Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Planting Time!

  As birthday surprises earlier this month, Mark did some thinking.  He knew that his gift best not be some frilly trinket as I am far from a frilly sort of lady.  His decision to buy me gardening supplies was nigh on perfect.  Seeds, seed trays and a freestanding herb shelf made me smile as I opened the packages.  These I needed.  These were useful.   So, that said, I put them to use almost immediately!


  With me, seed trays are always in demand.  I plant far more seeds than I ever need.  Flowers, vegetables and herbs captured my heart a long time ago and I just cannot seem to get enough of them.  As I said once before, the entire Rose Garden is being transformed into more gardening space.  By doing this, I hope to gain enough ground space to hold all of my seedlings once they reach the right transplanting size. The first three seed trays were planted with tomatoes and bell peppers. Two more were seeded with assorted herbs.  The remaining will house some of the flower seeds for early blooms in the garden.  I have a tendency to mix the flowers right in with the herbs and vegetables just for a bit of interest.

  Even with these fine seed trays, I still need more space.  Mark bought me about a gazillion seeds!  I am not sure just what I am going to do with six hundred and fifty tree peonies but it will be fun planting them.  Also, just as I am digging up and doing away with the Rose Garden, he bought hundreds of rose seeds.  This is a large change from the usual four or five rose bushes he usually buys each spring.  The only roses I have ever managed to grow from seed are the wild Cherokee Roses and those would grow fine without any help from me. I have seeds!  I shall plant!  I sure hope folks want seedlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment