Monday, July 14, 2014

Well! Its about time!

  I have always said that Mark is my biggest support when it comes to my crafting.  A lot of husbands would look at what I do as a waste of time but he has always been more than eager to help me in any way.  Now that our daughter has become a crafter as well, that eagerness has at least doubled.  Whenever we start some endeavor, he immediately asks if there is anything we need.  Darling Daughter and I are more of the "recycler" type crafters and will scrounge around to find what is needed.  He is not that way.  He has no problem buying our supplies.  (I guess Elizabeth and I are just too tight with our money to buy anything!  Mark, on the other hand, says for a project to turn out well, you have to start with good material.)  Anyway, this whole support thing was, once again, evident this past week.  



  Elizabeth and I started creating "bugs" from old clock parts, watch parts and any hardware items we could find. This is sort of our take on the "Steampunk" style of art. Wire, springs, bolts, clamps, gears and washers were appealing to our crafty eyes!  Nothing was safe!  After she created the fantastic scorpion that I wrote about in a previous post, Mark decided that we needed a better supply of parts.  He ordered several small baggies of gears and then settled on seventeen pounds of used clock parts! Oh, my goodness!  The man is a wonder!  

  Today, that seventeen pound order came to the doorstep.  She and I were nigh on in Heaven!  Can you only imagine our delight to see antique clock faces in the stash!  Plus, there were gears galore!  All of those gears started the wheels turning in our heads! (Pun intended!)  Oh, the mystical, magical things we could create with these parts!  Yep, I know..these were broken clocks but, hey, they were OUR broken clocks better known as OUR art medium! With these, a whole plethora of Clockwork bugs will soon inhabit the Little Bayou House! 

No comments:

Post a Comment