Saturday, August 30, 2014

Never a Waste of Time!

  Well, it is that time of year again.  The "Dog Days of Summer" down here hit just about late August or early September.  During this time, outdoor work is kept to a minimum and then is done in the early morning or late afternoon hours. Not a whole lot of activity takes place during the heat of the day.  We figure that the "laid back" approach is the best.  I don't mind in the least.  Since I am usually up before dawn (around 4:30 or 5 AM), I am able to get most of my chores completed before that old sun starts to heat things up.  Then in the afternoon, I get to play in crafts.  That I can do especially now since our afternoons are filled with thunderstorms.  

  One of my favorite things about this time of year is that it brings the onset of gorgeous sunrises and sunsets.  From now until about the end of March, I will view a daily light show of color.  Each morning and then again each evening, there will be a never-seen-before staging of brilliance on the horizons.  The best part about this is the fact that I have a front row seat during each performance!  The pier provides the best views!



   My time watching the sunrises and sunsets is a complete waste of time, in some folks' views.  Little do these folks realize that this is my special time to prepare for the day and then reflect on what occurred during that day.  I am able to ponder deep thoughts or merely sit quietly and cleanse the mind.  Perhaps this is my meditation time or something, although I have never thought it more than just "my time". After a few minutes taking in the beauty of a new day, I am ready to take on the world!  Then after all is said and done, I can be thankful that I survived another day as I watch that sun slide down behind the pines.  

  Not too very long ago, my doctor asked what I do to keep my blood pressure so low.  The answer was easy!  Bayou life!  I get up early, watch the sun rise, work hard during the day and then watch the sun set.  She told me to keep that schedule as it obviously agreed with me! So, folks, my time is not wasted it is being spent improving my health!  

No comments:

Post a Comment