It seems to be a popular trend on all of the social medias to shame your pup. If the dog does something deemed naughty, its photograph is then splashed all over the internet with some cutesy caption attached. I admit. Most are hilarious. I get a kick out of them merely because I have "been there and done that." Ms. Ez has done her share of shameful antics and when I was fostering the young pup, Sunny, the acts were nonstop. Back in those days, I did snap lots of photographs of the pups in their pouty, puppy-dog eyed poses and let the world in on their misdeeds. The naughtiness has not ceased.
Since Ms. Nycto, the Bayou Princess, (also known as the rescue cat) has started coming indoors at night, Ms. Ez, the old Bayou Dog, has accepted it well. Except for one thing. Once the cat ventures back outdoors in the morning, Ms. Ez eats all of the cat's food. It has always been my way of reprimanding Ezzy by making her "hold" whatever evidence she left behind. With the eating of the cat's food, I made her hold the cat's bowl. This seems to be the harshest of punishments according to the looks I get from the dog. She is obviously quite done in by the pose. Always before, the punishment cured the dog of ever doing an action for a second time. Not so with the cat's food. Time and time again, I have corrected the dog's actions. Time and time again, the dog would stare at me with big, mopey eyes. Time and time again, she would eat the cat's food.
This morning, yet again, the cat's food became Ms. Ez's food. I was just about to fuss at her when she did something so humorous that laughter was the only recourse. Ms. Ez calmly picked up the empty cat bowl and toted it to the corner where she sat down to look at me dolefully. Poor, old pup, she had shamed herself. I giggled at her. I guess if this is the way things are going to be, I will just have to accept it. No more fussing at Ms. Ez for eating the cat's food. Ms. Nycto will just have to learn to clean her bowl if she doesn't want the dog to eat her leftovers. At least, Ms. Ez picks up the dishes after she eats!


No comments:
Post a Comment