Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Hitchhiker

  The weeding project out behind the shed is complete but, as usual, it led to other things.  Chores are a never-ending endeavor around here. Once all those pesky weeds were hauled off to the burn pile, my attention turned to the shed itself.  What a wreck!  Ok, so a bit of organizing was in order.  Ha!  It was more like shove stuff to the side so more stuff could be shoved into the shed.  Yep, it is that cluttered.  I maneuvered stuff about a bit, added other stuff that should not be out in the rain and called it quits.  One of the things that needed to be stored in the shed was a large ice chest.  I lugged the thing up the steps and then towards the back of the shed. We have a mountain of ice chests so this one was just another rock in the pile.  As soon as I sat the thing down, I felt something cold and wet on my forehead! Sweat? Sure I was hot but this was moving!

 A tiny.....I mean REALLY tiny......green tree frog had leapt from the ice chest and caught me smack in the middle of the forehead!  Well, Little Guy, there is no reason for you to hitch a ride on me....but he did. Instead of leaving the frog inside the shed where he might dehydrate, I let him ride on my head back outside.  I knew if I tried to catch him, he might just get lost forever in the dungeon of a shed.  Once outside, I reached up and snatched my little hitchhiker.  Aha!  Gotcha!


  The tiny frog was let loose near where I first found the ice chest.  This little guy must have a penchant for those things because as soon as I opened my hand, it leapt right on the other chest that I needed to move indoors!  Sorry, Little Guy, you will have to find somewhere else to hide....like maybe the hyacinths in the pond.  I really need to clean up this mess!


No comments:

Post a Comment