Saturday, October 10, 2015

Spotlighting the Old Oak

  Little did I know when I wrote about starting each day with a bit of beauty that I would be awestruck once again by the rising sun.  There is something wondrous about that big ball of fire that brightens our day.  I was sitting by the window with a mug of coffee while Mark headed out fishing.  I had no inkling that the sky was to be spectacular again. Usually, it takes at least a bit of clouds to produce the fiery reds that most folks want to see.  Today, however, was clear.  No clouds could be seen scooting across the dark horizon.  

  Down near the marsh edge is an old oak tree. This tree has withstood many hurricanes and still stands strong.  Mark and I watched as Hurricane Katrina's waves tumbled over the TOP of the tree.  The tree did not budge.  This is, also, the same tree that my kids used as a fort, pirate ship and any number of other imaginative places of play.  The low limbs offered easy climbing and safe places to hide from dragons and other pretend monsters.  The tree is rather special to me. 



  This morning's sun came peeking through the limbs of this old oak tree as if it was spotlighting my love of it.  The bright orange played against the black silhouettes of the limbs and the whole tree stood proudly in its limelight.  What a sight to behold!  Things are grand if you are granted the unique views that each day brings and take the time to ponder all things tied to them.  The sun, the old oak, the memories...all special.


No comments:

Post a Comment