Wednesday, December 30, 2015

All Snuggly!

  It was another rainy, chilly day here on the Bayou making it one of those days where it is best to stay inside.  I did and I admit that a lot of chores were accomplished!  These chores were things that never seem to get done if the weather is pretty.  It was also one of those days when the critters decide to stay inside as well.  This is usually not a problem as long as they stay in different rooms.  Back when Ms. Ez, the old Bayou Dog was around, I never had to worry which cat stayed with her.  She got along well with both.  It is the two cats that do not seem to tolerate each other's company.  Ms. Put and Ms. Nycto will hiss and howl at each other if they are within spitting distance.  So the Bayou Princess, (Ms. Nycto) stays in the living room while the Bayou Queen (Ms. Put) has free roam of the rest of the house.  Works fine. 



  In one corner of the living room, I have an old workbench from Pop's shed.  I use this as my desk.  Behind it sits my nice comfy chair complete with a fleece throw.  Until today, Ms. Nycto has preferred sleeping on the sofa.  She has always curled up on a soft fleece blanket and snoozed the day away.  Until today....those are the key words here.  Today, the Princess has decided that my chair is her new bed of choice...even when I am sitting in it!  She has no problem being behind my back and, actually, I am benefiting by her presence.  She is warm!  I now have my very own, snuggly heating pad!

  It sure seems to me that cats can make rainy, cold days seem much better.  I am not complaining.



No comments:

Post a Comment