Thursday, January 31, 2019

Never Rely On Shadows!

  The old dog and I try to make several short hikes throughout the day.  He is just not up to taking long hikes any more.  Our last walk of the day is always just as the sun is setting.  The trees cast long shadows about the place and make it sort of ethereal!  I enjoy these strolls just about as much as the early morning ones.

  This afternoon, we made it back to the steps just in time for the sun to cast shadows of old Mr. PJ.  While he was waiting patiently for me to open the screen door, I had to giggle at what the sun was doing to his shadow.  Mr. PJ is all dog.  He a big, gruff old dog that definitely shows his "bulldog" side.  (He is a mixed breed animal which are the best kind ever, if you ask me!)  Anyway, even though the old dog is massive and very "dog-like", his shadow resembled a cat!  Yep.  A CAT! Or, at least, my imagination says it is a cat!


  So, folks.  Do not trust shadows to ever be truthful!  Sometimes what you see as one thing is simply not so.  In fact, what you see may be just the opposite of what is actually there.  Poor, old Mr. PJ would probably be distraught to know he has a shadow of a kitty cat following him.  I won't mention it and let him be the fine fellow he truly is.


No comments:

Post a Comment