Sunday, February 10, 2019

Tiny Critter, Little House

  In my limited area walks, I have to find flora and fauna in a confined area.  Plants are relatively easy as they grow anywhere they can take root.  Unusual plants are a different story, however.  I see few of them in the yard.   Of course, I rarely see things like coyotes or bobcats in the garden or deer next to the steps but it would be nice to see something....anything!  So I have to search...hard.

  This afternoon, Mr. PJ decided to take a rest about 30ft from the doorstep.  He had no energy to go up that mountain of steps even though I lift him.  The task was daunting and he needed to contemplate the deed.  So...I meandered in the garden a bit.  It was there that I found my critter!  In one of the empty pots, some beady eyes peered out at me from a curled oak leaf.  Aha!  Some tiny critter was spying on me and was hoping that I would not bother it!  



  After carefully examining the leaf and then photographing it, I found my critter to be none other than a tiny jumping spider.  The critter had found its "house" to be quite comfy in this wet weather.  The rolled leaf was positioned so rain would not enter and was deep enough in the black, plastic pot that it was protected from the wind.  The tiny spider even had a back door for a hasty escape if necessary.   After taking a few photos, I left the spider undisturbed and I took the tired dog inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment