Saturday, March 16, 2019

Another Ezzy Moment

  While I am sitting here listening to the old dog, Mr. PJ, snore as he gets his night's sleep, my mind is wandering back in time to another dog that called the Little Bayou House her home.  Ms. Ez came here as a rescue animal, of sorts.  Had Darling Daughter not claimed the pup, the animal was to be put down, and that is saying it nicely.  Ezzy was the runt of a litter of pups and the owners did not wish to take the time nor effort to help her gain her strength.  Elizabeth brought the tiny five week old puppy home and the rest is history. 



 She became the true Bayou Dog that loved exploring the marshes, creek bed and woods.  She loved fishing, hiking and playing.  She guarded the birds, chased the squirrels and loved every critter and person she ever met.  Ms. Ez was one of a kind and she stole my heart completely.  Her life was spent entirely on the Bayou with only a few visits away from here.  After ten years of having her as my best friend, it is still hard not having her with me.  Even after the nigh on four years of her being gone,  I still sometimes awake in the mornings expecting to find her dutifully lying next to my bed.



  Mr. PJ has softened that loss somewhat but the emptiness occasionally bubbles up again.  It is only fitting that he has come to stay with us as he and Ms. Ezzy were close friends from the moment they met as pups.  When the situation arose that he needed a place to stay, it was the natural choice to have him come.  I am thankful for that.  Goodness, Ms. Ez!  I miss you!  With that, I reached over and petted Mr. PJ.  Goodness, Mr. PJ!  I am glad you are here.


No comments:

Post a Comment