Monday, March 18, 2019

Half-hearted Attempt

  So...Mr. Sun refused to make an appearance yet again today.  Well, he tried but the attempt was obviously not strong enough.  The morning started as heavily overcast and it set the tone for the day.  Drear!  Normally, I do not mind what the weather throws at me but, today, I had plans.  I wanted to get that lawnmower out for the first time this spring.  The place is starting to look a bit rough around the edges.  But...I cannot cut grass in the rain!

  Along about 10am, I ventured out to collect the cat.  She had wanted out at daybreak but with the ground being rather wet, it was not a good idea to leave her out.  Being a long haired cat, she manages to get the worst hair mats by dragging that fur around on the ground.  She was eager to come inside so there was no long search.  As I was turning to go back up the steps, I noticed that half-hearted attempt of Mr. Sun's.  It was interesting merely because of the position of the sun from my point of view.  The sun sat squarely atop of the old dying black gum tree.  With the grayness of the sky, the blackness of the tree's silhouette and the brightness of the feeble sun, this all gave me the impression that I had a new lamppost!  


  Maybe the sun's absence was needed today simply to give me a new perspective on things.  That "lamppost" made the drear all worthwhile.  From that point on, I could deal with the day.  So what if the yard resembles a rainforest at the moment...I could not mow.  Life got in the way.  I'll take it.




No comments:

Post a Comment