Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Just A Little To the Right

  While wandering the hillside with the old dog, one has plenty of time to ponder things.  Since movement has to be kept at a snail's pace with rest stops about every forty feet, there is not much to be a distraction.  In fact, I have to "find" things to keep the brain from becoming bored.  The early morning hikes at least give me a glimpse of what the day has in store.  The sun peeking over the pines on the far side of the Bayou can let me know if it is to be clear or rainy.  That sun also gives me a view that never fails to astound.

  This morning, Mr. PJ decided he had to go out before the sun was high in the sky.  Our walk took us down near the marsh edge.  As he sniffed for the "perfect spot", the sunrise pulled my attention.  The only way that I can view the eastern horizon from this area is through a gap between trees.  Looking across the marsh, it occurred to me that from the right angle two pine trees appeared to be one.  Move slightly to the side and a small sliver of sunlight could be seen between the trees.  



  This sight started me thinking of how a lot of what we see can be deceiving to the eye.  It pays to look at things from all angles before making a judgment of what things actually are.  Life is funny that way.  There is always more than one view...one angle...one side to every story....or, in this case, tree.  



No comments:

Post a Comment