Saturday, October 13, 2012

Happy Faces!

I usually try to make a lot of my Halloween decorations.  This satisfies the artistic/crafty side of me while the recycling of materials satisfies the miserly side of me!  I love to recycle or "up-cycle" as Michael calls it.  If I can create some interesting piece by reusing something that would be trash..all the better.  Today, however, as I unpacked another box of decorations, I came across three of my favorite decorative items!



Three little Jack-o-lanterns with the silliest grins that I have ever seen brought a huge smile to my face!  You see, I love these things!  Not just because they are so cute but because of who gave them to me.  My sweet daughter-in-law's mother, Tina, sent these to me several years ago.  Each year when I unwrap them from their packing, I think of Tina and her kindness.  She is probably the sweetest person I know!  Who else would find something so adorable and send it to the Little Bayou House?  These happy, whimsical little Jack-o-lanterns always sit on the coffee table where I can enjoy them every day.  They have lights inside of them that make their faces twinkle mischievously!  Tiny tin bats are suspended by thin, coiled wires from their tops.  These bats have a way of suddenly quivering when the breeze from the ceiling fan hits them!  This makes them all them more adorable!



When I unpacked the Jack-o-lanterns, I hurried to clear the clutter of a dozen projects from the coffee table!  I wanted my little pumpkins from Tina to be on display!  With these out, it really does feel a bit more festive! My Halloween decorations are coming together nicely with each addition!  Thank you, Tina!  You brighten my holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment