When we arrived back at the Bayou, Sweet Daughter-in-law and I found a quite chilly house! As I set about pulling something together for a quick supper, she built the first fire of the season in the antique parlor stove. It was not long before she had the dining room toasty warm! When she is here, I never have to worry about stoking the fire..she always has it burning brightly! After we ate, she and I sat at the dining table looking over a mountain of old family photos..not our family..but someone's family from long ago. I cannot say just who these folks are but I am quite sure that they probably need a family so somehow I am it! The pictures are of people that are not related to me in any way..I just came in possession of the photo albums years ago and decided that they were just too interesting to discard. So..Joanna and I spent the evening staring at picture after picture of unknown "adopted" family members. These are albums of old photos from the Civil War Era and are some more of the dust collectors I have! I must admit..they were doing their job well as they were properly covered in a thick layer of the stuff! Sweet Joanna just wiped the albums off and very patiently peered at the unidentified soldiers, sad little girls in pinafores and stern old ladies with their hair pulled taut. This was the most interesting assortment of "unrelatives" if ever I saw one!
For me, today proved to be quite amusing! It is a rare adventure indeed when I leave the Bayou much less have such a pleasant time. I look forward to tomorrow and a new adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment