One of the more hidden beauties is that of the seed. This little, black blob is nothing much in itself but the beauty that it contains can be phenomenal. The amazing fact that something so mundane can eventually produce a plant is pretty remarkable but when you throw in that it will make a splash of brilliance before the dawn..it is downright amazing! The early morn saw me picking the seeds with the intention of saving them for next Spring. I stashed them in my pocket feeling good about my find! Come next Spring..the wood path will be planted with these little seeds!
This glory of the new day has been personified in a beautiful flower..what else..the Morning Glory! I remember back on the farm, Pop always used to tell us to make sure we pulled all the weeds from the garden..including the Morning Glories. I hated to pull out these simply because of the beautiful flowers that they made. Those fleeting little blooms that last just until the morning sun heats up enough to cause them to fold and wither away. Pop would probably think that I was a bit silly for actually planting the seeds of these vines in my gardens but I do. I like making the trek to the pier before sunrise and seeing these blossoms lining the board path. Their jewel-tone colors delight me to no end! Their beauty is there for all to see..if they get out and about before the sun is high in the sky! Shine bright, little Glories of the Morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment