Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Just being thankful....


Sometimes a person needs to sit back and realize just how many blessings are filling his/her life.  I have many things for which to be thankful..far too many to ever sit and compile in some small blog post.  There is a thing going around that is called the "Month of Thanksgiving" where a person is supposed to daily list some blessing.  Personally, I feel this needs not to be a single month of thanks but a full lifetime.  If I ever decided to "count my blessings", I would ceaselessly count for the rest of my lifetime...and still never list them all.  So, that said, here are a few of my "favorite blessings" in or around the Bayou.

The wonderment of a beautiful sunrise is a blessing in itself!


Faithful, old dogs are a blessing to those who have them as friends. (Even when they are stubborn!)
The ability to use one's hands and God-given talent to create a thing of beauty is undeniably a blessing.

I am thankful for the beauty of nature that fills the Bayou!

The sunlight that streams through the treetops is a happy blessing!

The dark clouds that dump copious amounts of welcome rain bless not only us but all of nature!

The wisdom of experience, the kindness of a gentle heart and the love a family are the most wondrous blessings we have! (I love you, Uncle Alfred!  Happy Thanksgiving!)
A beautiful sunset to complete the day..a blessing from God for certain!


We have been blessed with the moon to light our nights and add a bit of awe as we look up in the sky at night.  "I see the moon and the moon sees me...God bless the moon and God bless me!"
Although I am not a wealthy person by far, I feel that I am rich beyond compare.  My life is as nigh on perfect as it can get.  My snug Little Bayou House, my loving family and most of all the Good Lord bring me much happiness and contentment.  There is peace about the Bayou..riches beyond compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment