Friday, February 1, 2013

Beauty at Dawn!

I could not sleep well last night so I was up at three in the morning.  This makes for a long day but sometimes these things just happen.  I got up, made a pot of coffee and a big pan of bread pudding!  After I popped it into the oven, I gathered up Ms. Ez and we headed to the pier.   The sky was just beginning to brighten a bit in the east and from the cloud cover, I knew it was to be a gorgeous sunrise!  I was not disappointed by far! The sky started with just a glimmer then turned into a streak of gold!  This was beautiful!  I watched the horizon change from the inky blackness of nighttime to the gold of dawn breaking over the pines.  That gold soon turned to fiery reds and oranges!  To the left there was an area of the sky that was streaked with color. To the right, there were low hanging clouds that gave the sky an almost ominous appearance.  Behind me..more brilliance..almost at bright as the eastern horizon itself!  The entire sky over the Bay was filled with almost every color of the rainbow but in wide swaths.  It was simply breathtaking!











I stayed on the pier for nigh on an hour just being captivated by something that happens most every morn here on the Bayou.  The skies are ablaze with fiery splendor not only with the coming of the dawn but also with the setting of the sun.  Beauty...peaceful yet breathtaking beauty.  

No comments:

Post a Comment