Thursday, February 28, 2013

Early Birthday Gifts!!!

My birthday is coming up in about a week and, as usual, there is the quandary among family members of just how to mark the occasion.  I am not one that particularly likes parties except those that I give for others.  I cannot stand to have the spotlight thrown on me.  I do not need nor want anymore knickknacks to adorn the Little Bayou House and I definitely do not need clothes, jewelry or any personal things.  I just already have far too much stuff and feel that any added things will just be clutter.  If I receive a gift, I want it to be something that I can use in its entirety!  Not something that I have to search for a place to put!



Well, earlier this week, Mark asked me what I wanted for my birthday...so I told him!  I am quite happy to say, today, he bought me my gift!  I received a whole truckload of cow poop!  Sack after sack of fertilizer was hauled into the yard!  Woohoo!!!! I am a happy camper now!  Cow poop!!!  And seeds!  He  bought me herb seeds!!  Not many women would be so elated to have these gifts but, then again, I do not fall in the same category as a lot of women.  Give me some seeds and fertilizer and I am happy!  Happy?  Yes, happy..as this means I can be outside in the garden!  Plus, Michael is in the process of making me another gift!



Michael has been toiling away on that fence!  The new Herb Garden is coming along quite well!  The fence around the new section is now up and the gate has been installed!  Most of the ground has been spaded and is ready to be made into rows.  Michael fully understands what I want as a gift!  He creates my gifts!  A new garden!  Now, with the fertilizer, seeds and garden space all ready to be planted, I am one happy camper!  After the current cold spell passes, if you want to find me..come look in the back garden.  I will be there..making use of my new presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment