Monday, February 25, 2013

Invasion! Or...maybe not.....

Our one sunny day was just that...one day!  Last night the rains set in again and have not let up since.  The mostly heavy downpours have left the grounds soggy and the Little Bayou House feeling dank.  At the break of day, Ms. Ez and I again headed down to bail out the boat.  That thing is beginning to be a source of aggravation!  As she sat watching me bail, I though of how I should have trained her to do this job!  What was I thinking?




Although there was a heavy cloud cover and drizzly rain, I did take the camera with me.  One never knows what will wander in to cause a chance for a photograph.  This morning it did not wander in but made an incredible entrance!  The sun tried its best to break through for a few seconds and when it did, I was ready!  Snapping the pictures was the easy part..keeping the raindrops from the camera was not so easy!  I would take a picture, wipe the lens and take another.  The split second of sun was gone before I knew it and the heavy rain ordered the dog and me to make haste for the house!



Once inside, I looked at the pictures and was sort of impressed!  Yes, the sun breaking through the clouds was gorgeous but it was the raindrops that enthralled me!  I have taken photographs before when raindrops had landed on the lens and they looked a lot like round blobs!   Today's pictures showed something a tad more interesting!  Instead of round blobs of water on the lens, hexagonal orbs of light dotted the landscape!  Each six-sided figure contained an intricate design and seemed to be floating in the atmosphere instead of laying flat on the lens.  Had I photographed some ethereal anomaly or merely water droplets?  Whatever created the effect, I was thrilled!  I suppose that sometimes even mistakes can be beautiful!  Orbs?  Water droplets?  Light reflections?  Who knows?  It doesn't matter to me!  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

No comments:

Post a Comment