Saturday, August 24, 2013

A little bit of "Bayou Magic"!

Every now and again, you just have to sit back and look at things from a new perspective.  Not that it will physically change one iota of the world around us but more the fact that we change the way we feel.  Stress and confusion can add far too many years to our age and not accomplish a single thing.  My sweet sister-in-law tries to help everyone.  She feels the need to rush here and there to lend a helping hand whether it is tending to the elderly, volunteering with the Red Cross or just being that proverbial shoulder that so many of us need occasionally.  If you need her..she is there.  When it is her that needs to be consoled or just vent, she usually heads to the Bayou.  She, like most folks, finds a certain peace being on the water.  I have always maintained that being on the pier "washes" the worries away with the tide.  Makes sense to me...


Today, she came to visit.  She was not particularly stressed although there was a number of things on her mind..we talked about them all.  I was a sounding board for all of the little things that for some reason loomed large during her day. We chatted over some crocheting as a thunderstorm rattled the Little Bayou House.  Afterwards, we headed to the pier.  I wanted her to be free of any remaining "cluttered" feelings and what better time and place.  After a rain, the Bayou, itself, feels clearer as if it has been washed free of any grime.  We sat on the pier long enough for the sky to start its magical transformation into a gorgeous sunset.  I could tell we were in for a treat far before the first tinges of orange hit the clouds.  "Just a few more minutes", I would say to her each time she felt she should head back to her house.  "Just a few more minutes..I want you to see something."  Then the beauty began to unfold.  Her eyes could behold the wonders that only God can unveil.  The oranges, pinks, purples and reds all started bouncing off the clouds in an array more vivid than any artist's paint palette.  It was breathtaking!  As I photographed the changing sky, I could see a change in her as well. She relaxed and really started watching the spectacle before us.  She was in awe..just as I am each time I watch this masterpiece take place.


The serenity of the Bayou once again worked its spell.  Is there any wonder that I love this place?  I think the Bayou has some special power within it that creates peace.  This therapeutic effect is far better than any known medicine.  Paradise is where we find it..mine is the Bayou.

No comments:

Post a Comment