Monday, August 12, 2013

Travels

Sometimes things sure make you thankful for home!  We were traveling back to the Bayou from Georgia today.  All was going well.  With the exception of considerable time spent waiting on road construction, the trip was easy.  Mark and I passed the time talking of our granddaughter and the fun times we shared with her.  That was the whole point of this trip!  The little one named filled our days with smiles and our hearts with even more love than we ever thought possible.  Our daughter-in-law is the perfect hostess and made us feel right at home.

Granddaughter teething on her mommy's water bottle.
As we rode along, we also started discussing the flora on the roadside.  One bush in particular caught our eye.  I proclaimed it to be Sumac..Mark hoped not.  He is highly allergic to Sumac and the mere mention of the plant makes him itch!  I wanted to stop and snatch a few seeds to plant in the gardens here on the Bayou but, well, Mark put a nix on that idea..no Sumac is to be  planted intentionally!  Little does he know that I have been babying a small local bush behind the house!  Someday, it will be gorgeous! I did not even get any pictures!  Just as he said that we could pull over to a side road and look at the trees, the skies began to darken.  Uh, oh...we had better just move on down the road and forget about the Sumac!  This did not upset Mark too very much I am sure!


The cloud soon decided that it was necessary to dump torrential amounts of water on us!  I was so thankful that Mark was driving and I did not have to pretend that I could see the road. He handled the storm like a pro and drove us safely home.  I loved being with Joanna and Mary Ruth but after riding through a storm like that, it does feel good to be back in my element..back on the Bayou!

No comments:

Post a Comment