Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Sleepy Cat

Michael and I spent the whole day outside doing a bit of yard work.  The weather was agreeable and the bodies were able so out we went. I cut back the roses that were sprawling like some giant spider across the fence and onto the ground.  These canes had overgrown the limits of the arbors and had completely engulfed a bench!  Some were nigh on twenty feet in length!  I trimmed the beasts back to the fence and cropped them close to the arbor.  Things look a tad better and seem to be a lot safer now!  I did manage to uncover that bench that had been lost so long ago beneath the thorny rose canes!  While I was mangling the roses, Michael was building me an herb-potting shelf.  This will be a welcome addition to the Herb Garden!  Not only will it be handy for potting but also for holding the small pots, trowels and watering can.  I am elated that he built this!  It pleased me that he used only old lumber while building it.  I have this thing about not buying anything if we can scrounge around and make use of what we find.  He did just that!


I have gotten far off track..this started out being about our cat, Ms. Put!  The old thing adores Michael!  She follows him about the yard when he is out and about.   Then, at night, she climbs to the rooftop and begs to be let in the window.  He obliges and all is well.  Today, she followed him to his work area.  He stopped his job long enough for the mandatory petting spree and then continued with his project.  Ms. Put sat watching him for a bit but then bored of his inattention.  She soon found a nice spot on the board pile to snooze while still keeping him within her range. Several times, I walked around where he was sawing and hammering. Each time, Ms. Put would totally ignore my presence!  She was letting me know that she was only interested in him!  The third trip to his side of the yard made me smile.  Ms. Put had moved to a different location.  She had curled up in a loop of the garden hose!  I suppose the hose seemed like a lovely little bed to the sleepy cat! It was a perfect fit!  Once the sun beamed down on the board pile enough she got a tad warm and sought somewhere cooler.  The hose was coiled around on the gravel and was in the shade.  This had to be a much cooler spot but still close enough to Michael that she was happy.  There she stayed for the rest of his building project!  She only moved when we stopped for lunch and then it was to follow him inside.  Yep, this cat does love her Michael!



No comments:

Post a Comment