Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Not Grey Again!

  Grey has perhaps become one of my least favorite colors.  Normally, I love most any color but there is just something about too many grey days that starts to wear even on the most jovial folks.  This has been a most grey winter and a winter that many will say has stayed on far too long.  Yep, it is only March and already we are screaming for warmer weather and brighter days.  I have no problem with cold and an occasional grey, cloudy day but this stretch of rain, fog, mist and just generally wet days is tiring.  It is beginning to feel like I live in a black and white photograph!  I yearn for the sun.



  I slipped down to the pier before setting to work this morning.  The day was supposed to be filled with more rain and I definitely needed to get a bit of chores done early.  The pier which is usually my meditation spot brought a hefty surprise.  There was no sunrise.  There was no brightness in the east. There was no glimmer of light reflecting from the water.  Greyness was once again going to rule the day.  A few ducks paddled beneath the pier and in the distance the nutria could seen as they munched the marsh roots.  One lone pelican sat motionless on my brother's pier post.  The critters also seemed to long for a bit of sunshine.

  I am certainly glad that this drab start did not set the pace for the day.  My chore list is filled with things to do to get the garden spots ready for planting.  I did meet my goal of transplanting the rest of the Boysenberry vines and moving the Mulberry sapling.  I was just finishing up when a slight drizzle began to soak my light jacket and made me move myself indoors.  The bulb relocation process was postponed due to rain!  At least all of this moisture is helpful to all of the transplanted vines and bushes!


No comments:

Post a Comment