Saturday, March 22, 2014

On the Move!

  I am forever rescuing something.  If it is not a stray cat or injured baby bird then it falls in the category of plants.  With Mark battling the termites, I have had to dig up all of my plants around the house.  If I did not keep just ahead of the man, my daylilies, daffodils and petunias would be squished beyond recognition. Of course, in the direct path of his footsteps are any number of tree saplings that have been planted by the birds.  Most of these, I just yank out of the ground. While I get people scrambling after donations of bulbs, not many folks want hickory or oak saplings.



  One of the tiny saplings did get rescued, though.  I carefully dug and potted a young magnolia seedling.  This, someone would want.  I admit that I have a soft spot for Magnolia Grandiflora or Southern Magnolia. There is just something grandiose about the towering tree covered with huge white blooms.  And!  That aroma!  That wonderfully sweet aroma that fills the yard when the blooms open.  Yep, I do love these trees (regardless of the large leaves that have to be raked!)

  This small sapling will find a new residence either at my sister's house or a cousin's place.  I am sure one of them will take pity on a tiny tree!  Rescue complete and successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment