Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Going Buggy!

  Darling Daughter, Elizabeth, is on a roll!  With her visiting the Little Bayou House, time has been filled with all sorts of fun activities but mostly crafting.  She and I could totally forget to eat as long as we are crafting.  It matters not if we are painting, crocheting or beading.  As long as we are creating, we are happy!  The current craft is a new one for her. She is still creating "bugs" from discarded items. (Well, what most folks discard.  Me?  I save just about everything!)  This all stems from the seahorse and dragonfly creations that I did last year.  My weedeater had a major accident so it was dismantled and parts were used in crafts!  She has taken it a step further and has started incorporating any "cool-looking" part or tidbit that can be scrounged from my stash.  (And oh, what a stash that is!)



  I had to laugh today as my once impeccably clean table had become overloaded with treasures...otherwise known as junk!  A wide assortment of wires, gears, bolts, springs, beads, buttons, watches and even dismantled clocks filled every inch of the table!  To any outsider, this must look like one huge mess but to us this is sheer bliss!  A table full of junk is a mind filled with creativity by our thinking!



   Her latest bug is a praying mantis.  He (or she) sits proudly beside the scorpion of yesterday.  I can hardly wait to see what her imagination spews forth tomorrow!  Gee! I am one proud mama!  My daughter has followed in my crafting footsteps only has taken it a few steps forward.  She sees not the mess...only the next project!  


No comments:

Post a Comment